Vegetable Poha or flattened rice upma
Cooking time : 15 mins
Serves : 2 to 3
- 2 glasses of poha
- 1 big onion
- 1 big tamota
- Carrot – 1
- Beans – 5
- Green pees – 1 hand full
- potato – 1 small
- Green chillies – 2
- Mustered seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
- Jeera – 1/4 tea spoon
- Ginger – 1 tea spoon (grated)
- Urad dal – 1 tea spoon
- Chana dal – 1 tea spoon
- Salt, Red chilli powder and turmeric powder
- Curry leaves and Coriander leaves
- Cashew – 10
- Peanuts – 20
Wash poha and drain water. Add 1/2 tea spoon salt.
Vegetable cutting instructions:
- Onions – thin and long
- Chillies – split into halt vertically
- Tamota , carrot, beans , potato – small pieces
Heat pan, put 2 table spoons of oil and add mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal, chana dal, cashew, peanuts, onions, curry leaves, ginger and green chillies one after the other and fry them.
Now add all vegetables; carrot, potato, beans and green peas. Also add 1/2 tea spoon salt, pinch of turmeric powder, 1/2 tea spoon red chilli powder and cook them for 5 mins. Add little water if needed.
Now mix poha with tampered vegetables and mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.