Raw Mango rice – Summer special
Raw mango rice is best alternate for lemon rice in summers. Raw mango’s has amazing health benefits, they can prevent heat stroke and helps in digestion. Must try recipe in this summer.
Cooking time : 15 mins
Serves : 3 to 4
- 1/2 big mango – grated
- 1 full glass uncooked rice
- Oil and ghee – 1 table spoon each
- Green chilies – 4
- Red chilies -4
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tea spoon
- Urad dal and Chana dal – 1 tea spoon each
- Fenugreek seeds 10 to 15 (optional)
- Ginger – 1cm peice (grated)
- Ground nuts – dry roasted
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
Use the mangoes which looks like in below picture for good sour taste
- Boil 1 glass of raw rice, once cooked make it cool and keep aside.
- Turn on the stove and add 1 table spoon oil and 1 table spoon ghee, once oil is heated add mustard seeds, wait until mustard seeds splutter .
- Now add chana dal, urad dal and cashew, fry them for a minute and add fenugreek seeds, red chilies and curry leaves and fry them.
- Then add green chilies and ginger, fry them and add pinch of hing. At last add ground nuts and grated raw mango mix well for 2 minutes and turn off the stove.
It looks like this:
Now add cooked rice to above mixture, mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.