How to change a Diaper/ Nappy
First time parents feel changing Diaper/Nappy like a battle . New born kid requires 8 to 10 diaper / nappy changes , parents should know few things to avoid mess and to maintain hygiene.
Things to be taken care while changing diaper:
- Wash you hands,before you check the diaper for wetness.(Few diapers comes with wetness indicator on diaper)
- usually baby may need diaper change before or after every feed for 1st few weeks, later feeding intervals will increase and similarly pee’s and poop’s frequency also increases.
- Sanitize your hands while changing diaper.
- 3 primary things to keep handy.
- Bed protector or Diaper changing mat.
- New diaper.
- Wipes to clean diaper area.( use wipes when baby poops , using wipes every time you change diaper may hurt your baby’s sensitive skin)
- You can use barrier cream while you changing diaper to avoid rash or diaper rash cream if your baby already has rash. I personally wont recommend frequent use of barrier if you can check and change diaper on time , because barrier cream itself may cause rash sometime. Try any herbal based barrier cream if needed.
Things to be taken care while changing nappy:
- There is no need to check nappy for wetness, as nappies a made of cloth we can clearly notice wetness.
- Cloth nappies should be changed immediately after baby pee’s or poop’s as nappy cant absorb wetness, baby may caught cold and infections.
- Keep bed protector, new nappy,wipes and fresh pair of cloths ready.
- Maintain a nappy bucket , collect all removed cloths in this bucket.
Share you experiences in comments section